Management Information Systems Course (MIS Course Online)
Develop the core information systems management skills and competencies. The core competencies include MIS knowledge, planning, control, problem-solving and communication.
- Provides an understanding of the Information Systems (IS) management framework of E-business.
- Offers experiential analysis to understand the challenges of CIOs and IS Managers
- Focuses on best practices, tools and models to implement an effective IS management system
- Provides insights on how to develop and implement enterprise-wide IT strategies, initiatives and programs
- Explores MIS subsystems and technologies including hardware, software and networking, however the coursework focuses on technology management not on engineering.
- The course emphasizes management skills such as planning, project management, quality and efficiency management in IS projects.
Online Courseware Content
IIM MIS/IT management courseware includes:
- Participant's coursework and assessment project guide
- Executive summary of the subject matter (in power-point lecture notes format):
- Summary of essential concepts and MIS/IT management best practices
- Examples and case studies
- MIS/IT management toolkit (management frameworks, decision models, checklists, etc.)
- Experiential work-based assessment project
- Online resources for the completion of the experiential assessment project
- From our experience, success in distance learning requires a well-organized person who has good English language skills, is comfortable with online technologies and used to self-study and research methods
- Candidates must have basic knowledge of relevant Information and communication technology (ICT) in their field. Although the course provides an overview of key technologies. The course focuses on technology management, it does not cover IS engineering topics.
CIO's Team: MIS Managers, MIS Engineering & Development Managers, IT Managers, Telecom Managers, Infrastructure Managers, Application Managers, IT Support Managers, Network Managers, Entrepreneurs, Project Managers, and MIS Consultants.