Marketing Design Certificate
The Marketing Design Online Training Program focuses on helping you develop technical skill and creative artistry using applied marketing principles. You’ll complete a variety of projects, including marketing concept development, retouching, compositing, illustration, advertising design, logo design, and corporate branding.
This online certificate program is offered in partnership with major colleges, universities, and other accredited education providers.
As a student, you will learn the following:
- Digital Imaging : Your work will demonstrate entry-level professional Photoshop skills and effective decisions in selecting and editing images. You will be able to improve images for professional publication by retouching and correction, and create realistic or imaginative images by compositing or collage.
- Color : You will develop distinctive color palettes based on the principles of color harmony. Your work will exhibit a sophisticated use of color and contrast, the ability to research colors and make choices that are appropriate for each client and project.
- Vector Art : You will develop entry-level professional skills in creating vector art illustrations in Illustrator, using shape drawing and freehand drawing/tracing tools, Pen tool, type tools, and basic effects. You will be able to create simple, stylized logos, icons, and illustrations for effective visual communication.
- Typography : You will be able to research and select appropriate typefaces and design typography to support the branding or communication goal of a particular client or project. You will demonstrate the ability to organize text into a clear, readable information hierarchy in page layouts while using display type for impact and expression.
- Marketing : You will be able to analyze basic marketing principles and strategies, and identify the three major eras of marketing, the primary categories of marketing activities, and the types of marketing pieces most commonly designed. You can analyze a target market, interpret mission and vision statements, and interpret a marketing plan.
- Logo Design : You will be able to use a professional, iterative design process to develop a logo design that meets client goals. You are able to apply an understanding of branding and typography to create simple, graphically appealing logo/identity designs.
- Ad Design : You will develop the ability to create effective advertising design for campaigns in different print media. Your work shows the ability to convey a simple, engaging visual message that helps a business client fulfill a specific advertising goal.
- Identity Design : You will develop skill in researching and developing an effective concept for the visual identity of a company or organization. Your work will show a basic proficiency in creating and applying an identity in various design contexts, including business card, letterhead, ads, and storefront.
Students must have a computer (PC or Mac) and an Internet connection (56 Kbps modem or faster). For any courses with software requirements, computers must meet software manufacturers' system requirements. Required software and technology:
- Adobe Photoshop CS5 or CS6
- Adobe Illustrator CS5 or CS6
- No textbooks are required for this program.
The certificate program is designed for adult learners interested in building skills and portfolio for a design career. Students can enroll at any time, with monthly class starts. The program is open admissions: students must be 18 or over and provide high school or college transcripts prior to starting classes.
All of our programs are self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start them when you want and finish them at your own pace.