About the course
The role of Search Engine Marketing Specialist is one of the hottest technology jobs available in a unique and growing career field. The Search Engine Marketing Online Training Program is a series of five bundled courses for people who want to take advantage of the global demand for search marketing staff and jump-start their career path in the fast-paced search engine industry.
This program will give you the knowledge necessary to increase the search engine visibility of your own site or client sites on the world’s most popular search engines and directories including Google, Bing and Yahoo! Completion of this series will also help to prepare you for starting your own search engine marketing business or applying for a job in the fields of SEO (search engine optimization), SEM (search engine marketing) or online advertising.
Upon successful completion of this program, you'll be able to:
- Understand how Google and other search engines rank pages.
- Understand what makes a web page search engine compatible.
- Understand what type of content search engines love.
- Research and select appropriate keywords to target.
- Successfully integrate search keywords within web site copy.
- Create effective and search engine friendly web pages.
- Optimize large or complex web sites for better search rankings.
- Create effective and optimized text navigation menus.
- Use link titles and anchor text effectively.
- Monitor search positions for target search terms.
- Set up site architecture to be search engine compatible.
- Create a search engine friendly site map.
- Create a Robots.txt file.
- Track site performance using Google Webmaster Tools.
- Optimize dynamic and database-driven web sites.
- Optimize a graphic-heavy web site.
- Increase your site’s link popularity.
- Measure the effectiveness of SEO activities.
- Understand the difference between organic and paid search results
- Set up a Google AdWords account (to appear in paid search results on Google)
- Set up a Bing Ads account (to appear in paid search results on Yahoo! and Bing)
- Increase the conversion rate of existing paid advertising campaigns
- Attract the right audience for your web site via paid search advertising
- Choose the right keywords to promote your web site
- Understand the various campaign types available
- Choose suitable demographic and geographic targeting options
- Understand the difference between each of the keyword matching options
- Create compelling paid search ads
- Determine the right bid and match types for their keywords
- Set and control campaign budgets
- Structure an ad campaign for best performance
- Understand key ad triggers that increase conversions
- Recognize the features of high-converting landing pages
- Track campaign performance and ROI
- Report meaningful web site performance data to stakeholders.
Before enrolling in this course, you should have good keyboarding skills, and you should be familiar with using search engines, Internet browsers, and e-mail. It's an advantage, but not required, to have some HTML knowledge and advanced search engine usage experience, as well. This program will benefit webmasters, students, marketers, advertisers, and anyone else who wants to learn how to promote web sites via search engines. The following persons should find this course useful:
- Marketing executives entrusted with the responsibility of promoting their company’s or clients’ web sites.
- Webmasters wanting to increase traffic to their web sites via search engines and/or learn how to promote their sites via Google AdWords and Bing Ads.
- Small business owners wanting to learn how to promote their web sites on the search engines and/or increase their web site traffic and conversions via paid search advertising.
- Owners of e-commerce sites that want to increase their site’s visitor-to-customer conversion ratios and/or sell products and services via Google AdWords and Bing Ads.
- Web Site Designers or ad agencies wanting to offer search engine optimization and/or paid search advertising services to their clients.
- Persons who want to improve the performance of their existing paid search campaigns.
- Search engine optimizers and search engine marketers who want to test and improve their skills.
- Persons wanting to gain employment in the fast-moving search engine marketing industry.