Mode of learning : Online - Self Paced
Domain / Subject : Engineering & Technology
Function : Information Technology(IT)
Duration : 19 Hours
Difficulty : Basic
Tableau server training is is designed for the beginner to intermediate-level Tableau user. It is for anyone who works with data – regardless of technical or analytical background.
Tableau online video based training tutorial is designed to help you understand the important concepts and techniques used in Tableau to move from simple to complex visualizations and learn how to combine them in interactive dashboards.
Objective of the Training:
This course is designed to help you understand the important concepts and techniques used in Tableau to move from simple to complex visualizations and learn how to combine them in interactive dashboards.
Course tutorial Objective Summary
• Understand the many options for connecting to data
• Understand the Tableau interface / paradigm – components, shelves, data elements, and Terminology.
• The student will be able to use this knowledge to effectively create the most Powerful visualizations.
• Create basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, custom Aggregations and ratios, date math, logic statements and quick table calculations
• Able to represent your data using the following visualization types:
• Cross Tab
• Geographic Map
• Page Trails
• Heat Map
• Density Chart
• Scatter Plots
• Pie Chart and Bar Charts
• Small Multiples
• Dual Axis and Combo Charts with different mark types
• Options for drill down and drill across
• Use Trend Lines, Reference Lines and statistical techniques to describe your data
• Understanding how to use group, bin, hierarchy, sort, set and filter options effectively
• Work with the many formatting options to fine tune the presentation of your visualizations
• Understand how and when to Use Measure Name and Measure Value
• Understand how to deal with data changes in your data source such as field addition, deletion or Name change
• Understand all of your options for sharing your visualizations with others
• Combine your visualizations into Interactive Dashboards and publish them to the web
Disclaimer: The contents of the course & Institute are obtained from the institute’s website by automated scraping or manual updates. For the latest information, please refer the institute website directly. For any discrepancies in the content, contact us at